








The title for my blog is just so fitting these really are my hearts moments. This past Saturday was such a big moment for us. It was Ava's first ballet class, and it really left quite an imprint in my heart. I know I will hold onto this moment for as long as I live.
It warmed my heart to see her excitement that morning as we got ready and I helped put on her leotard, tights and did her hair in a bun. (The week before we had gone down to the studio to pick up her leotard, tights and shoes. She was in heaven when we first tried them on, in fact she didn't want to take them off. Luckily the teacher helped me explain she couldn't wear her ballet shoes out. We just had to stop at daddy's work on the way home to show him his little ballerina. She was insistent that he needed to see her ballerina clothes. )
The bunch of us (we are quite a bunch now that Gia is here) got in the car and headed down to the dance studio. We thought it couldn't get more exciting as we walked in the building filled with little dancers and their parents, but it did when we ran into Emma, one of Ava's best friends in preschool. We had no idea she was going to be in the same class. Then only a couple seconds later we came across some friends from our church that we had just met through a financial Bible study class we just started taking. Their little girl, Sydney, was also in the class with Ava.
Ava transformed into full ballerina as we put on her shoes (her favorite part of the outfit). I took her in the classroom and she sat next to Sydney and got a name tag placed on her. The classroom has a huge glass window on one wall so the parents can watch. All the parents looked like the paparazzi with our cameras out snapping as many pictures of these "first" moments. It's amazing to me how quickly these moments seem to come. It really seems like just yesterday Steve and I were holding our baby girl for the first time.
We were talking about how we couldn't wait to see her crawl for the first time, say "mama" and "dada" for the first time. The first time she gave us a kiss. Her first "I love you" or " I you" as it was said from her. The first time she walked. Her first moments. The first time she warmed our hearts and made us laugh uncontrollably with her first big laugh at our dog Wyatt. Her first Halloween. I remember talking to Steve about how excited I was for all these firsts and now I was thinking back to how fast this first ballet class had come. They all seem to be creeping up on us so quickly. My first baby girl is growing so fast. So many times I wish I could freeze time and just hold onto these moments just a little longer, because it seems I blink and they are gone. So to hold onto these moments I not only take pictures so I can look at them and reminisce but I hold them in my heart. They are definitely my hearts moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment