I am typing this while sitting on the couch in New Hampshire, where there is about 3 feet of snow on the ground, meanwhile Steve and the kids (minus Gia) are enjoying 70 degree weather, it's craziness I tell you!
Anyways this was not a planned trip at all in fact, I had all of about 2 hours to pack and catch a plane, (which I really barely made). The reason for all of this and a very delayed birthday post for Gia (will be posted next week some time) is that my dad called me on Monday to say that my mom would not wake up on Sunday and she ended up being intubated in ICU because she wasn't able to breathe on her own. It all came so fast, the doctors weren't finding out was wrong since all the tests were coming back normal so we tried to decide if I should fly out there or not.
On Tuesday morning, my sister called and said my dad thought I should come out. Now, I have two very very very wonderful friends who immediately stepped up and not only got me a plane ticket with no notice but also took on full responsibility for watching my kids. Thank you Lisa and Jenna, I appreciate you girls soooo much!! So I went to check out flights and saw that the next one with the fewest stops left at 9:00 a.m. and it was already 7:00 a.m.. So I called Jenna she hooked me up with the flight and now here I am with Gianna.
God is great, and my mom is now home and doing better, although we are working on getting her to eat and drink lots of fluids. The doctors think it might have been an allergic reaction to one of the medicines she started taking 2 weeks ago, so hopefully that is what it is and this doesn't happen again. It was very scary but I knew God was in control and took care of everything. As long as everything continues to go well I'm expected back in the land of enchantment and to nice warm weather on Monday! It was good to see my family, although not in these circumstances and I think it was good for my mom to see the baby!
So I should post more about Gianna's birthday party (which was great fun!) next week and will do my best in the meantime to get back to all of you who have left messages for me and emails! Thanks for all the prayers, we truly appreciate them!
2 comments:
I was worried about you not posting for so long. I amso glad she is doing better.
doh, that was margarita posting.
Post a Comment