Sunday, June 8, 2008

My Happily Ever After!

US756

Steve and I have been having lots of fun lately. We are going over the book "The Five Love Languages" in our life group and it has been fun. Each week we have to practice one of the languages, and it has been lots of fun. During quality time week Steve and I were hanging out and had fun taking some pictures (from which the one above was taken) while I set my camera on a trash can and set the timer. We celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary last month and I can't believe it has been six years.
He makes me so happy. We are always laughing, and even though life can get crazy with three kids we still make it a point to spend time together! I look forward to the time we spend together after the kids get tucked in for the night whether it's watching our favorite T.V. show or staying up later than we should talking about anything and everything. We have been making a point to go on at least two dates a month. Sometimes it seems like after we have kids, we concentrate on them so much that we forget what it was like to have time together alone with each other. It's important though to keep the sparks flying and to remember why you fell in love and got married.
Steve and I met the first day we moved into the dorms to start college life. We were in the same dorm and they were going over the rules. I sat next to him while he made smart remarks about some of the rules. We exchanged numbers and mentioned we might see each other later that night at a concert they were having outside but I never saw him again until the next semester, he was in my spanish class.
It's funny to me to think back to those moments and how I had no clue that Steve would later become the man I would marry and have children with.
Six years later I can say that I am more in love than I have ever been with him, and I can't imagine my life any other way! I can't wait to see what the next six years have in store for us. It has most definitely been happily ever after!

4 comments:

Jen said...

HI Maria

I stumbled on your blog which is wonderful and your new site which is beautiful. Congratulations...

(did the "Fit Yummy Mommy" work for you)... curious

Anonymous said...

awwww...tear! cute!!

Rachel Clare said...

Maria, I love this shot.... Good for you guys- I love the 5 love languages book, but it never occurred to me to spend one week spending time on each chapter! Love this! We're totally going to try it.

Crystalyn said...

aw so sweet! love the pic. and that is a great book. what a great way to go about reading it together. i'm going to do this with my "him."