We are back, and boy do I understand why some people say they need a vacation after their vacation. We had lots of fun at Disney but boy do I feel like I could sleep for a week!
The kids were the perfect age, the magic was so real and I will never forget Ava's face the first time she saw Princess Aurora when we had lunch at the castle, and Mateo's excitement when he was chosen to become a Jedi and fight Darth Vader! It was so worth it if only for those moments. Gianna was amazed and in awe of everything, she was constantly dancing with all the music. She loved the rides and was convinced that she was a big girl and required her own seat at all times.
Ava braved anything she was tall enough to go on, including the Tower of Terror. In her words, the drops were fun, but the "thunder people" in it were scary. Her favorite rides were Soarin', Big Thunder Mountain, and Splash Mountain. Mateo loved the two toy story rides best (of course). The new toy story ride at Hollywood Studios is awesome! We had a blast dressing up in costumes and trick or treating at the Magic Kingdom for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and looking at all the cool special effects around the park and the characters in their own costumes!
I did learn a couple things on this trip.
1) I will not fly anywhere with Gia for at least a year (she was atrocious on the plane with her incessant screaming. Not crying, mind you, but screaming like a little banshee).
2) Bringing glow sticks with you from the dollar store is genius and saves you sooo much money when they bring out the light up stuff at night.
3) If you are planning a trip soon look into pin trading, my kids had a ton of fun doing this!!
4) When going to Hollywood Studios make sure the first thing you grab is a Fastpass for the toy story ride, they run out of them fast!!
5) I'm pretty sure that after this trip I will be having no more children, I really thought I wanted four but this trip has taught me otherwise, three really is more than enough for us :)
I promise pictures soon, Steve is leaving us for Kansas Saturday and we have soooo much to do but once things are more settled I will update with pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment