Saturday, March 10, 2007

Introducing Gianna Catherine Hays






She's finally here, 5 days overdue and the sweetest baby girl. We were so ready to meet her! I started having contractions on friday at 1:22 in the morning and I figured it was finally the real thing (after a false start on Wed) since they were very strong.
It went wonderfully especially since we didn't call anyone and spent the entire time not having to answer calls of people wondering what was going on. I definitely recommend that! The kids were wonderful, they came and went as they wanted and Debbie (Steve's sister and one of my greatest friends) helped more than she will ever know. She went from baking cupcakes, watching the kids, grabbing whatever we needed, taking video, pictures, etc. She was great.
I think the labor went wonderfully and then came the pushing, it was fast but lots of hardwork, (not my favorite part) about 7 minutes, if that. It was such an intense and emotional moment when I tooked her and we looked to see what we were blessed with. I will never forget that moment of "its a girl", we cried and smiled. It was wonderful. Waiting to find out the gender made the wait more bearable, it was definitely worth it waiting till the end, really such and incredible moment.
She was born in the water and still in her amniotic sac. It took us a while to come up with the name, but we finally decided that Gianna Catherine was perfect for her. I think she is a great mix of Mateo and Ava, I do see more of Ava in her at times.
Ava is in love with her and her little body guard. She wants to hold her all the time, and you have to get her permission to hold Gianna. Mateo doesn't really have a care about her either way, it's pretty funny.

Here are her stats
7 lbs 12 oz 21 1/2 inches long

No comments: