Monday, March 19, 2007

A Princess and Her Princess Bike.





After begging for a bike for I don't know how long, Ava finally got her wish tonight. She had lots of fun riding on her bike, she mostly rode on the slab of concrete in the back so this weekend or next week during spring break Steve will probably take her to a parking lot or for a walk. She picked it up really fast, although she does ride the tricycles at school.
Mateo got a red trike as well, although he wasn't as enthusiastic about it as Ava. She was on it from the second we got home up until it was too dark and dinner was ready!
Today was my first day of just me and the kids and it was great. Ava had school and drop off and pick up were quite painless and after we dropped her off Mateo, Gianna and I headed out to Whole Foods and Smiths for some grocery shopping. It was also painless, in fact it was just like all the times before that Teo and I have gone, except we had the company of Gia this time. She slept away the whole time in my sling, and Mateo helped me shop and load groceries onto the check out lane.
I even did great getting Mateo lunch and putting him down for a nap. As Gianna hung out in her bouncy seat I made a marinade and put the chicken in it for dinner. So needless to say I think I'm fairing pretty well with three. In fact so far (and I know Gia is still in that great sleep and eat phase) I think that going from one to two was harder than it's been so far going from two to three. I know that there will definitely be moments when I feel like pulling out my hair, but then again I had those moments with just Ava, as well as with Mateo and Ava so it's only natural. I really feel that being a Mom is the best job for me. I love it so much, and thank God that I am able to stay home with the three of my greatest blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.